Highland Manor Farm is dedicated to providing the highest quality and safest riding instruction possible. We emphasize horsemanship and a strong foundation for jumping, focusing on correct equitation, effective aids, and position. Highland Manor Farm offers instruction for both children and adults, from beginners through advanced that have a desire to progress and advance their knowledge and skills in riding the disciplines of hunter, jumpers and equitation. Our lesson program is for riders starting a 6 years of age and up.
You will need proper riding attire for your first lesson. Proper riding attire consists of: (Our minimum requirement is a helmet and boots)
- Properly fitting ASTM/SEI Approved Riding Helmet
- Well fitted or Collared shirt that is tucked in (polo shirt, fitted t-shirt, riding shirt, etc) During colder weather: fitted outwear that allows for free, unrestricted movement that doe not go past the hips
- Breeches or fitted leggings (no shorts)
- Paddock boots or tall boots (Smooth-soled boots with no more than a 1 inch)
- Rider's Hairnet OR hair neatly braided or in a bun.
- Belt (optional)
- Riding Gloves (optional)
- Water bottle (optional)
- Sunscreen (as seasons dictate)