Highland Manor Farm is dedicated to providing the highest quality and safest riding instruction possible. We emphasize horsemanship and a strong foundation for jumping, focusing on correct equitation, effective aids, and position. Highland Manor Farm offers instruction for both children and adults, from beginners through advanced. We offer lesson horses and ponies for all levels, from small ponies to full size horses. For our lesson program, we provide all tack and equipment for the horse. Our lesson program is for riders of all ages (3 years and up) and experience levels who desire to learn or improve their skills in riding the disciplines of Hunter, Jumpers, Equitation, and Eventing.
To schedule lessons, contact trainer Heather Scanlon at
email@example.com or cell # 919-333-1007
You will need proper riding attire for your first lesson. Proper riding attire consists of: (Our minimum requirement is a helmet and boots)
- Properly fitting ASTM/SEI Approved Riding Helmet
- Well fitted or Collared shirt that is tucked in (polo shirt, fitted t-shirt, riding shirt, etc) During colder weather: fitted outwear that allows for free, unrestricted movement that doe not go past the hips
- Breeches or fitted leggings/ jeans (no shorts)
- Paddock boots or tall boots (Smooth-soled boots with no more than a 1 inch)
- Rider's Hairnet OR hair neatly braided or in a bun.
- Belt (optional)
- Riding Gloves (optional)
- Water bottle (optional)